STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Final Assignment

The woman at table nine was crying. Trails of thick black mascara ran down her full cheeks despite her half-hearted attempts to wipe them away. Throaty half-sobs competed with the soft piano music that attempted to fill the restaurant with atmosphere. Her table-mate was looking a tad weepy himself. Whether it was because of her disgusting display of emotion or the incident itself that had caused such an outpour of salty tears, I was not quite sure.

I had noticed them upon entering the dining room. They were hard to miss. I let my eyes linger on them for a moment as I situated myself at the small corner table I had requested and with the aid of a nice incentive to the maitre’d, had received. I pushed the chair a little farther into the corner and placed the candle/flower arrangement in the center for better coverage of my face. I did this while glancing at my menu with a careless attitude; it wouldn’t do to be noticed.

Thank you for reading this teaser. For more information regarding this, or any other work of fiction, please contact Kay at kaylia_marie@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Kay - you are writing wonderfully! I wqish I could pop them out as fast as you, and diverse topics as well! Keep on writing!

Kay said...

Thanks!

Still waiting to read more from you... -hint hint-

Lord Chronos77 said...

I always knew you had talents.

JayRod said...

I see you polished this one a bit, but you might want to change rouge agent to rogue agent. Unless he was into make-up!